There’s nothing better than making fun of a horrible situation. This Twitter user shares one of the most shocking wedding horror stories that could’ve turned out a lot worse than it did. They said, “my now sister-in-law backed up into a candle and her wedding dress train went up in flames. They put out the fire and she thankfully took it like a trooper, until the DJ started playing Girl on Fire.” Even though the bride probably wasn’t happy with the DJ, we can give him some credit for trying to turn the mood around. Still, having the train of your wedding dress go up in flames sounds downright horrible (via themeilingwon).
Mistakes happen, and weddings are no exception. Apparently, at this wedding, the priest mistakenly called the husband and wife by the wife’s last name. It turns out she just so happened to joke about making her husband go by her last name with her father-in-law before the wedding. He probably wasn’t too happy to hear that announcement, even though it wasn’t true (viaSarahxBTS7).
This is one of the cutest wedding horror stories we’ve ever heard of. It sounds like this couple has such a strong foundation that they can joke with each other even on the most stressful day of their lives. The first moment the bride and groom see each other is their “first look” wedding tradition. Instead, the bride decided to play a joke on her husband. She wore an inflatable dinosaur outfit, so when her husband turned around, he saw a giant dinosaur instead of his beautiful bride. Loads of laughter and amazing photographs followed. This is a memory that the husband and wife will share for the rest of their lives, and is more memorable than going along with the tradition (viaKueez).
This Twitter user shared one of their horror stories about blacking out at their brother’s wedding. They said, “a year ago I was a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding. All was going well until I got too drunk at their afterparty. I don’t remember much from that night, but the photographer captured what appears to be me trying to hide from my relatives on the dance floor.” Photos never lie (viakvtie_h).
This is one of the least romantic things we’ve ever seen at a wedding. It’s one of those horror stories you just have to roll your eyes at. The sign says, “Drug Testing and Weddings,” thanks to the Oklahoma County Courthouse. What a wonderful wedding memory they gave this couple. We’re not sure we’d be happy if this happened at our wedding. It’s certainly not a combination you’d ever expect to see (viaTWrecksLife).
Sometimes, people take things too literally. When you ask an employee to write “Mr. and Mrs. on it,” referring to a balloon, you’d assume they’d write “Mr. and Mrs.” This employee apparently misunderstood what the bride meant and contributed to one of the most hilarious wedding horror stories we’ve ever seen. They got balloons that said, “Mr. & Mrs. Onit.” This employee must’ve assumed their last name was Onit. Surely, someone out there exists with the last name Onit, but it, unfortunately, wasn’t this couple (viaHollylane86).
We’ve all seen bad photoshop. Luckily, it provides entertainment, especially when it doesn’t happen to us. Unfortunately, for this couple, their photographer contributed to one of their wedding horror stories by horrendously photoshopping Jesus floating in the air onto their wedding photo. Let’s hope they still have the original version without the photoshopped Jesus (viaannie_howington).
At this wedding, the groom invited a bunch of his old friends from the marines, who showed up with their swords. After everyone indulged in the open bar, it resulted in a sword fight on the dance floor. They admit it was an amazing experience, and we’d think it would be, too. However, we’d love to watch this, from a safe distance away from the swords, because it sounds like a mishap waiting to happen (viaIronMermaiden).
Many brides choose to wear sexy undergarments on their wedding day to feel desirable for their husband-to-be. This bride had something else in mind. Because her dress required so much effort to take off to use the restroom, she decided to wear an adult diaper underneath her dress. This is one of those horror stories where you hope nothing goes wrong. At least she was able to savor every moment of the day since she wasn’t wasting any time going to the toilet. She can do it safely, at any time during the day (viaKueez).
No one wants to sit around and listen to the introductions of bridesmaids, especially when the best part of a wedding is the celebration afterward. That’s what most guests look forward to. This Twitter user shares their experience attending a wedding with ten bridesmaids, where the introductions took one hour. They closed the bar for two hours during the introductions, so they weren’t able to get any alcohol. Because it took so long, they went from tipsy to hungover (via kmskoloff).
Priests work hard, and the older they are, the more difficult it is for them to stay attentive. One of these horror stories involved a priest falling asleep at their wedding. Then, they called the wife by the wrong name during their vows. Priests are trying their hardest, which is why it’s so forgivable. Hopefully, everyone was able to laugh at the situation and move on (viaraymalaspina).
We can’t control Mother Nature, which is why all we can do is hope it’s beautiful weather on our wedding day. Apparently, at a friend’s wedding reception, it was extremely windy, which is unfortunate for this couple. The groom got blown off the wedding cake, making it look like he was purposefully running away. Let’s hope it wasn’t predicting future events (viadeborahkim55).
Once people start taking shots, there’s no stopping them, especially at a wedding, when everyone is in the party mood. Horror stories that begin with alcohol usually end up badly. This husband, who isn’t a drinker, decided to take vodka shots with the guests. He ended up getting so drunk at the reception, that he had to be carried up to the hotel room on a luggage cart. Let’s hope his hangover wasn’t too bad the following day (viaHannahSavenok).
There’s nothing worse than accidentally putting ear wax remover in your eyes on your wedding day. This is exactly what happened to this husband. He mistakenly thought it was a contact lens solution. It irritated his eyes, and he couldn’t see properly. Even though he got married blindly, he said his bride was “a pretty, white blurry thing coming down the aisle.” This is one of those wedding horror stories that happen rarely, but when they do happen, can end up horribly. At least he managed to still see his bride, albeit unclearly (via julnilsmith).
It’s frustrating when you need to wait for guests to arrive at your wedding, and it’s downright rude to show up late to a wedding. This Twitter user experienced late guests at their wedding, so the wedding started late. Her mother freaked out and took it personally, screamed at her, and caused the bride to cry. Unfortunately, this ruined her makeup and ended up in one of the worst wedding horror stories we’ve heard of (viaDrJenGunter).
Imagine trying to take the perfect wedding photo, only to end up in a disaster? This couple shared one of their wedding horror stories when they tried to take a photo in a rowboat. The rowboat filled with water, and they both fell into the cold lake. The water ruined their clothes, and the cold temperatures made them freeze (viaKueez)
This is one of the most surprising horror stories we’ve heard of. Wedding days are usually full of love, light, and laughter. Unfortunately, for this father, his ex-wife served him with a subpoena on his daughter’s wedding day. We can all agree that it didn’t turn out very well. We’re wondering why the wife couldn’t wait until after the wedding, since it probably ruined everyone’s day (viaB*tchisback2020).