One person was cycling their bicycle when they encountered a lethal brown snake. They quickly flew past it because they didn’t want to die. That’s understandable but it’s not the end of the story. The Redditor freaked out with what happened next.
“About 50 meters later, just as I thought I was safe, I heard a very loud hissing and felt something brush past my leg,” Danpra revealed. “I thought the snake had somehow caught up and bitten me. It turns out my back tire burst but at the moment I was absolutely terrified.”
Roller coasters provide a massive adrenaline rush but many people won’t go on one. They have a fear of heights and dread the thought of the ride breaking down. This happens in real life as the following netizen revealed. They freaked out when their theme park experience became traumatic.
The Redditor reminisced: “I was on a 360-degree roller coaster and you go around and around but it got stuck at the very top. The ride shut down for 5 minutes so I was upside-down and I was very little and it was terrifying.” What a horrible time this was for the poor person.
Water is beautiful but it possesses terrifying power. Humans realize how small and vulnerable they are in the middle of the ocean. Storms are even scarier because they possess the strength to devastate coastal communities and sweep ships away.
SendItRicky wrote about his horrifying story. He wrote: “I ran out of gas in my boat with my girlfriend in open water during a storm. Ended up on a shoal trying to hold the boat while a friend brought us more fuel. Honestly, I thought the waves would wash us away and drown.”
It’s always great to visit different countries and enjoy new cultures. But sometimes we receive more than we bargained for. One person visited their family in India for the first time and suffered a massive shock. They went to the bathroom but freaked out because of a terrifying sight.
One Redditor shared their experience. They said: “I was 6 years old and went to take a leak. I was at my grandma’s house in a small village in India. The bathroom was an outhouse. Just as I was about to start, I noticed a cobra hissing at me.”
Anybody with acrophobia should look away now because this is haunting. Imagine if a rollercoaster attendant forgot to check the passengers’ seatbelts. Think of the potential lawsuit and risk to life because it would be massive. Luckily, this doesn’t happen often.
A Redditor had a horrifying experience on a ride that they’ll never forget. They wrote: “I was on a rollercoaster, my belt didn’t close and the train began moving so I screamed for him to stop. It was 100% fear.” In short, that theme park had a lucky escape.
Another normal person went to the gym and pushed themselves through a tough workout. They gave everything because they wanted to see good results. But they didn’t expect what happened after their training session. In the end, it was hilarious but they went through sheer terror.
They wrote about their ordeal: “I started to feel a tightness in my chest, and pain. I started clutching at my chest, thinking “NO NO NOT NOW, NOT LIKE THIS! IT’S TOO SOON! And then I let out the biggest, most powerful burp I’ve ever had.”
Most people feel safe when they’re at home and shut the door behind them. We think of our houses as our private castles and a shield against the world. But the reality is that it’s easier to access them than we may think. Take the following person’s story as a terrifying example.
The_Soup_Whisperer explained: “Once my mother called me on the phone telling me that a copy of our house keys was stolen that afternoon from the lobby and someone might be in the house. This happened at the exact moment I was entering the house.”
Nature is glorious but we must respect it or it will make visitors pay. This Redditor discovered this the hard way when they had a near brush with death. If it wasn’t for the brilliant work of first-responders they may have died. But luckily they made it through their ordeal.
BonfireFanatic wrote: “My friend and I had to be helicopter rescued because we drove through a creek and camped on the other side and then melting snow from a town 6 hours away flooded and turned the creek into a raging river.” They should have been aware of the danger but they survived their mistake.
Embarrassing moments scar people for life. This person earned the nickname ‘McNuggets’ after a traumatic ordeal that everybody remembers. They freaked out after a terrible but hilarious prank that their friend pulled in the famous fast food chain.
“I was with my travel baseball team and we were standing in line at McDonald’s,” TravelAny398 wrote. “I was going to order and my friend pantsed me but got my underwear too.” The friend exposed their entire lower half for all of the patrons to see.
Some people feel a sense of calm the moment before they crash their vehicle. That’s because they know it’s inevitable and that they can’t stop it. But this person freaked out when they lost control because they knew they would die if they hit a giant truck.
Osprey11795 remembered: “At some point, I realized I was going to crash, and there wasn’t much I could do – the one thought going through my head was “don’t hit the semi-truck, don’t hit the semi-truck” over and over again.” Luckily, they survived because we don’t think this was their ghost.
When we step onto any form of public transport we’re putting our lives into another person’s hands. It’s even riskier on an airplane because most crashes result in mass deaths. This Redditor freaked out when their pilot announced an emergency landing.
Chris_TT wrote: “I was on a commercial flight and the pilot came over the tannoy to tell us luck wasn’t on our side today. There was an emergency with the flaps and landing gear not working correctly, and that we would have to fly around to burn off the fuel.”
There’s something nice about cooking dinner for visitors. It’s nice to receive a homemade meal and to know that somebody put in a lot of effort. But this usually calm Redditor freaked out when their visitors mocked the meal that they served up. They couldn’t understand why they suffered this disrespect.
ricctp6 shared: “I made cauliflower once (in my own house) and two acquaintances who were over just ganged up on me about how disgusting cauliflower smells. I was like…ok that’s cool and everything but you can f*** right off since I’m making dinner for everyone here.”
Another Redditor explained how their friends freaked out when they lost their temper. That’s because he was a calm person who kept control of his emotions. It was unusual for him to have a strong reaction to anything. When it eventually happened he terrified everybody because it was out of character.
“Believe me I can relate to this,” Todi2191 agreed. “I’m a calm person and I got really angry once and later my friends literally told me that they got scared even though I wasn’t angry with them.” We wish we knew what made him angry because it must have been extreme.
This person hated sharing a vehicle with a rude passenger. They think that some people have extreme expectations and should treat hardworking workers with more respect. When the driver missed a turn, one passenger freaked out but the Redditor put them in their place.
“Missing their turn or exit,” they shared. “You aren’t traveling in interstellar space. Go to the next exit and turn around.” This is true and if they’re in an Uber it shouldn’t matter much. Mistakes happen and in the end, they will arrive at their destination.
Many people have freaked out because of weird food concoctions. We don’t know why it’s a heinous crime to put pineapple on pizza but it provokes a severe backlash. But this Redditor argued that it doesn’t matter and that nobody is forcing them to eat it. They say that they lose patience with picky eaters like this.
They wrote: “You’re perfectly free to find some food combinations, not to your liking such as well-done steaks, ketchup on hot dogs/burgers, pineapple on pizza, etc. But as long as you’re not being made to eat them, who really cares if other people like them.”
Any parent will say that there’s nothing more terrifying than a child in danger. It could be because they’re suffering an illness or that they’re missing in a department store. This parent freaked out after she saved her child from choking on a spoonful of cereal.
Jelc17 shared: “Multiple slaps. The clog of cereal dislodged and he was able to breathe again. We both collapsed on the floor in tears, had cuddles, and generally recovered. Then he wanted to carry on eating his breakfast.” It’s unbearable to even think about this because it’s horrifying.
Another person had a harrowing life experience when they went to the mall as a youngster. Security forces shut it down because of the risk of an active shooter. It’s safe to say that they freaked out because nobody should deal with this type of scenario.
“When I was around 14 years old, my friends and I were at a mall and the mall went on lockdown because of an active shooter,” ChaneI remembered. “Turns out it was just a guy shooting the air but at the time we didn’t know that.” Impending mortality is terrifying.
House fires create a terrifying sense of disorientation. Usually, the smoke kills people before the fire burns them. Flames engulfed this Redditor’s home and they freaked out. Luckily they made it out alive and saved their beloved dogs in the process.
“By the time I had woken up the stairs were engulfed in flames,” ChicagoSpawn6 wrote. “I truly lost all sense of what to do. Thought it was all over. Eventually got to a window and ended up throwing my dogs out the window (all were okay) and jumping out the window.”